Sunday, January 9, 2011

Almost finished baby jacket

Blessed is the second trimester! Tummy troubles are down to a minimum and I feel quite energetic (most of the time, still need my afternoon naps) Hence I am flying through some baby crochet projects. Here is the latest!
I haven't finished it because I want to wait till I know if it's a boy or girl. If its a girl I'm going to finish it off with a scalloped edging, if its a boy I will finish it off with a double crochet edging and not so girly buttons.

I've already started another project, a vest made from 4ply wool using a 2.5 hook. I am just making up the pattern as I go because I can't seem to find patterns for 4 ply yarn. I bought a little t-shirt that I'm using for size and dimensions. Will post when I get more done. I don't think this baby is goi ng to know what bought clothes are. My mum has already finished knitting 3 items and has yarn for 3 more! I've got a whole heap more that I want to use up too.

Hope you are all well, loving the projects that have been blogged about!

7 comments:

  1. Adorable! And congrats on the little one coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooppps! Sorry...I wanted to say i love that little jacket and i wish you luck in your pregnancy! (i'll be sure to spell check this time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little sweater. Enjoy this time right now. Having a new life inside you is truly a gift. It really goes by fast, too. I hope you get all your projects done in time and you keep feeling better all the while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well if that's not the cutest thing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that you are feeling better with that little one making room in you....

    Lovely sweater! (So cool that you are able to 'hold off' on the finishing techniques until your bundle of joy arrives!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made a baby sweater for the first time last night. I loved it! it was so quick and easy. I am like you now. I still love to crochet but since learning how to sew. I find myself sewing more than crochet....

    ReplyDelete