Saturday, July 25, 2009

Jewel Colour scarf

Several posts back I blogged about making about 18 granny squares and not really knowing what to do with them. Several suggestions were made and I thank those who commented to help. I also posted about on my blog too and got some more ideas. Finally I settled for a scarf. I do not usually go for black but I was thinking of showing up the colours a little bit like a stained glass window.


It was also suggested that I add an edging to each square and then do a picot edging to finish. The edging on each square I could just about handle but the picot edging I was not sure what that was. By googling the stitch and finding a video tutorial I was then able to have a practice of the stitch and then try and add it to the scarf. I usually make bags most of the time and to be able to crochet something that I can wear is a big move forward for me. I am now thinking of the next item I can make once I have stitched a few items that I have already cut out.

5 comments:

  1. I am newcomer and was not around to offer my two cents, but I think this turned out so nice. Very pretty! ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like this scarf, it's really nice :) Compliments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brillant! I love that others were able to help you with suggestions on what to do with the squares. That's why I was so passionate about starting the crochet along blog again. I love this little community of ours. awwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered what you were going to do with the squares - I think the colors really pop with the black - very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scarf. Picots add a nice touch but sometimes I don't have the patience for them.

    ReplyDelete