Friday, May 15, 2009

apple blossoms & lace


There is just something so breath-taking about the first apple blossoms that fall on our lawn.



I started this doily from Decorative Crochet magazine (which is no longer being published) awhile back and just finished it in time for the blossoms that bloomed on our tree.


It was the first time that I have crocheted with size 30 thread. It is so delicate & subtle, I just love the way it worked up.



hook--1.4mm .....thread--size 30 from thrift store
pattern:
Decorative Crochet magazine , issue: May 2001 No. 81)



8 comments:

  1. wow that is amazing I love those kinds of things wish I could make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful, and great photography, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always liked the look of doily's but I just started to self teach myself crochet about six months ago. I don't know if I could ever make something like that. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of the most beautiful i've ever seen ! wow !

    ReplyDelete
  5. is there any way that you can pass on the pattern I just keep returning to these photos wishing I could make one too.

    ReplyDelete